Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails?

I have tried so many times to stop, but I always end up biting them. I usually bite them if I'm bored or nervous, without even realizing it. When I think about it, it seems so gross. How can I make myself stop? If you had a habit of biting your nails or any other bad habit, what did you do to stop?How can I stop biting my nails?
Put nail polish on them because maybe you won't be as inclined to chew them if you know red specks of toxic polish will be in your mouth ?





Or rub vinegar on them every few hours. You probably won't want that in your mouth either.





Or you could keep your hands busy with scrapbooking, playing an instrument. Drum your nails against a surface wheny you want to chew them (but try quietly because that sound can drive people CRAZY)





Hope I helped!How can I stop biting my nails?
You just have to want to stop. Once you make up your mind to stop and find yourself putting your fingers to your mouth. You have to catch yourself in that position and decide that you're not going to bite.


Good luck with it. After a few times you will do just fine.
Well see myself have the same problem which I think yours may be worse then mine.....I don't bite my nails when I put nail polish on them just clear nail polish because I don't wanna ruin it...maybe it will help you too....
Well, I know this sounds gross but I put hot sauce or a bad, shocking taste on my nails so that when I bit them, I would go ';EEWWW GROSS!';





And as that went on, I kept remembering that my nails will taste bad. Then, I didn't have to put stuff on my nails any longer! But, I still can't put nail polish on my nails because all I do is pick it off. Ugh... What a horrible habit.





I hope you get rid of that habit!
I had this problem too a while back and it's hard to stop, but it's worth it. I stopped biting mine when I got braces, because I couldn't bite them any more. Before that I had tried painting them because nail polish tastes gross! Just put a new layer of paint every other night, and try not to bite them. If that doesn't work, try wearing gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment