Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it necessary to file a dog's nails after you clip them?

Is there a real reason for this like the nail may split open or is it just so the nails look nicer?Is it necessary to file a dog's nails after you clip them?
I have two dogs (6 year old and 3year) and I have found after clipping the older ones nails I tend to file them as they don't clip neatly but with the younger one her nails don't need file at all.Is it necessary to file a dog's nails after you clip them?
You don't need to file the nails. It's not necessary, but if you want to to provent scratching then go ahead, but I don't as the walking outside on pavement files them a bit.
I file my dog's after clipping because otherwise they can tear fabrics and cause scratches to people when she is playing.





I don't think it's necessary for any medical reason.
It's not really a necessity. People file them after they cut them because they are sharp little buggers and can scratch you, tear furniture or get snagged on fabric.
It rounds the nail off so it's less likely to snag on stuff. I find it's a lot easier to just dremmel my dogs nails instead of clipping.
yeah it is good because they are all chipped from the clippers and all and if you file the edge slowly and not for lon just to get the rough edges off

No comments:

Post a Comment