Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I just got a full set of nails put on today, the bill was $28.50..What is customary tip for work like this?

I know what the tip scale is in restaurants, but if someone does your hair or nails, what is customary in that aspect? I only tipped him $2 but i wondered if i should have tipped more, or felt bad for what i DID give him?I just got a full set of nails put on today, the bill was $28.50..What is customary tip for work like this?
Tips vary according to the initial price, quality of service, and the area in which you live. If you were happy with the work, I would say $2.00 was an adequate tip. Did he seem offended at all by the amount? If so...he was probably accustomed to receiving a higher tip for that type of service.I just got a full set of nails put on today, the bill was $28.50..What is customary tip for work like this?
i would have at least given him a $5
I would have given at least $5.00 more if the manicurist seemed to enjoy her job and did a good job on my nails.





You dont have to tip.I tip because Ive had several jobs where tips make up a big part of the income you take home and I know its frusterating trying to satisfy everyone that you have to serve ( no matter what the job is)
It is customary to tip 20-25% of the total bill in salons (hair, nail, spa, etc.) Just remember, if you shaft the service provider, the next time you go to get something done there they may remember and do a shabby job.
when i get that i usually pay then 3 dallors more (if they did a good job and nice) but if they were perfect and they were nice then like 8 dallors
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment