Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails?

I've been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. Can any one offer helpful advice so I can stop soon? Thanks!How can I stop biting my nails?
don't put your hand by your mouth.How can I stop biting my nails?
i recently quit, because i got braces, but i had stopped before by using clear nail polish on my nails but the i started back =/


but it worked.
hmmm rub some garlic on them it helps them grow faster and keeps you from bitting =]
At most drug stores, you can


buy a nail polish that is clear and you


put a coat on your nails, and when you bite it


it tastes HORRIBLE and makes you not want to bite


the nails anymore, look here .. http://www.ehow.com/how_35_stop-biting-f鈥?/a>
Dip your nails in alcohol. Or you can just keep your hands away from your mouth.
I've done that for years.. recently I started clipping my nails short all the time so there was no way I could chew my nails and ruin my teeth!
Well all i can say it is a very big turn off for girls! and its unhealthy.
There are alot of techniques out there that people use and some work better for others and some don't. The one that worked for me was chewing gum, something relatively good for your teeth. Everytime you think of chewing nails, think gum. It gives your mouth something to do and after a while your jaw gets tired and you don't bother going to your nails anymore. Just try to forget about them altogether, after a few days you'll really see the difference. (depends how bad they were)
Well I think it kind of depends on how old you are. I've been biting my nails since I was a toddler and now I'm 13. Everyday I would bite and rip the tips of my nails off. As I got older, I had more things to do and was always preoccupied with something. So I didn't have time to just stop what I was doing and start biting my nails. Now I have a lot responsibilities and a lot work. I don't care anymore about biting my nails. So I think if you're young that once you start getting older, time will pass by and you'll eventually do it less and less until you stop one day completely like me.
Try to grow your nails out a little. Buy a manicure kit and try to make your nails look better.
my grandma sprayed arid anti-perspirant on my mother's thumbs to get her to stop sucking on them. you could try that. or even maybe nail polish remover. just be sure to wast your hands right after - it will still be on you, just not as bad.
Get a manicure, men get them nowadays, when your'e about to bite your nails, you will remeber all that money you shelled out on your nails and will forget about it! Trust me, money is a good reason to not do something, plus it tastes bad.
I can advice you to see someone who had the effect of bitting nails on hands. I adopted this method and really whenever I brought my nails near my mouth, I would remember the spoiled nails and stop bitting my nails.
think about all the germs under them... I mean like the ones that can give u flesh eating skin disorders
I do the same thing! I know it gets annoying!
put finger nail polish remover on your nails...it tastes horrible!!!! it will definitely make you stop!
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment