Friday, January 15, 2010

When should i get my acrylic nails filled?

When should i get my acrylics filled? What should they look like? I've had them for about two weeks.


Any advice would be appreciated.


Thanks!When should i get my acrylic nails filled?
I've been a nail tech for 10 years. I have always asked my clients to come back between 2-3 weeks. Most would come in at about 2 1/2 weeks. When you get your fill the tech should always make sure each nail is balanced. Meaning that the corners of the free edge are squared or rounded evenly. The sides of the nails should always line up with the nail groove. You should be able to hold a straight object to each edge of the nail grove and the acrylic nail should line up perfectly, from cuticle to free edge.





Also you don't want nails that are to thick. They need to be thick enough to be strong, but not so thick that they look like chiclets.





Hope this helps!When should i get my acrylic nails filled?
Usually 2 - 3 weeks. You will see a gap around your cuticles, because your nail is growing and pushes the old nails out to make new one. Which causes this little gap. To keep your nails nice looking. Maintain your nails remember to fill during this time period. Hygiene to prevent fungas or lifting and its strength to stay on.
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment