Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails?

I constantly bite my fingernails. I have tried to stop but it seems like every time they start to grow out, I bite them again. What can I do to stop without buying stuff or putting something like hot sauce on them? It is now to the point that sometimes I go too far back and they start to bleed. I really need serious answers!!!!!How do I stop biting my nails?
There are a couple of things that you can do. First try wearing thin gloves, or put a rubber band around your wrist and when ever you go to bit your nails snap it not too hard but enough to send a small shock to your brain. Eventually, your brain will associate bitting your nail with a shock. Good luck!How do I stop biting my nails?
Put tape around your fingers on have somthing in your hands to distract you
I would advise you keep a nail cutter in your pocket at all time. Solution to problems is when you know that you have one.
keep ur mouth busy...chew alot of gum
...dip your fingertips in cat urine...works every time.
Have you tried wearing false nails? my daughter was a dreadful nail biter until I bought some false nails for her, what a difference it made to the appearance of her hands. That was only a few moths ago and she still hasn't had the urge to nibble.
mix pepper into some nail polish and paint your nails with it...my friend tried it
put hot sauce on them it will burn your mouth if you bite them
I am a habitual biter also, the only thing that stops me is fake nails, it breaks the habit, which is the true problem..Good luck
Well... the only thing I can think of is (i did this too):


Buy a realy bad tasting nail polish. Paint your nails with it, and you'll get a nasty surprise whenever you start to chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment