Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do you need gelatin for healthy nails?

I have been a vegetarian for a little over a year, and since turning, I have noticed depressed dots in my fingernails. My mother says she always heard that eating gelatin kept your nails healthy, but as I don't eat gelatin, I was wondering if this was true. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I improve the surface of my nails?Do you need gelatin for healthy nails?
You need to make sure you have the proper nutrients in your diet to ensure healthy skin, nails, hair... and well, body. Vitamin deficiences are a common cause of weak spots in nails as is *protein* deficiency. Some people start eating a vegetarian diet and fail to include adequate sources of protein and vitamins... If you're eating primarily pasta or something that could be the cause. Examine your diet and see if you're lacking in vegetables, fruits, etc. Beans, Tofu, and Seitan are fantastic sources of protein.Do you need gelatin for healthy nails?
Gelitan is good for your nails and hair actually and you can buy gelitian tabs at your local health food store or walmart or drug store.
The gelatin thing is an old myth, has been totally debunked...does nothing. See the website below for an article on nail health. There are also other articles on the web, just enter ';fingernals, health.';
I have the world's best fingernails, I'm a guy, and I'm a lacto vegetarian. You can do it too. Are you eating a balanced diet?
You can get the nutrients other ways like getting calcium and potassium. BANANAS, AND MILK (or SOY MILK!)
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment