Monday, May 10, 2010

Why do I get red lines on my nails when I have gel tips put on?

Whenever I go back to get my nails filled, I notice red lines (on my grown out nail beds) where they sanded down the fakes to even out with my cuticles... why is this and is there anything that can prevent it??Why do I get red lines on my nails when I have gel tips put on?
If you are getting semi circular, red lines each fill then it is definitely the technicians fault. They are called 'Rings of Fire.' This normally happens when a tech uses a sanding band on your natural nail instead of filing the acrylic. But, it can happen from hand filing as well though it is much less common. And the removal of your cuticles by overfiling is never a good idea. They are doing this to save themselves time, and for no other reason. There is really nothing you can do about the damage which has already occured except to let it grow out. In the meantime, if you want to prevent it from happening again then may I suggest changing salons? When done properly, only a gentle hand filing is performed with a 240 file, and the tech should only be filing enough of the natural nail to remove the natural shine from the nail, and nothing more than that. In other words, very little filing of the natural nail is ever needed no matter if it is a full set, a fill, or a rebalance. By overfiling, rings of fire form on your nails - as you know already, and this can be prevented by finding yourself a good tech who does not use a drill but instead gently hand files. You may have to pay a bit more, but the end result will be well worth it. I can provide a few web sites for you to use for locating a quality tech in your area if you would like. There are some really good nail techs/salons listed on these pages:


http://www.cnd.com/Locate/Find-A-Salon.a鈥?/a>


http://www.beautytech.info/


(This link provides not only a salon locator, but it also has numerous articles about nails in general with topics such as what to look for in a nail salon, and much, much more).


I hope this helps!Why do I get red lines on my nails when I have gel tips put on?
I guess its individual differences. Try to buy some oil for nails to apply to lessen the cuticles and stuff. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment