Monday, May 10, 2010

How often do you cut your dog's nails?

I mean, do you cut them every 3 weeks or everytime you feel it is nessessary?How often do you cut your dog's nails?
Our vet told us that you should cut your dogs nails once you can hear them on the hard floor or cementHow often do you cut your dog's nails?
I have a little Dachshund with black nails and she's strictly indoors. For this reason, I cut her nails when they start to scratch me and I can hear them click on my tile floor. I take her for walks, but they still grow back, so she's get them cut every month to a month and half. If your dog has black nails, you need to take her to the vet so they can clip them. Black nails are extremely hard to cut since you can't see the vein in them, and if you cut too short, they'll bleed.
I don't because they are dark and I can't see the vein that dogs have in their toenails. If you cut your dog's toenails too short, you can hit this vein and cause their death.
As soon as you hear them clicking on the floor. The more often you trim them, the quick will recede and you can cut them shorter. If you walk your dog on concrete, this also helps to keep them trim.
you will no when you will have to cut your dogs nails . you can also buy a petty paw .it does not hurt your animal's
Never. Living in the city he wears them out on his own. I run him a lot, and concrete wears them out fast.





His nails dont click on the foor.
Whenever they need it. sometimes only the front sometimes all of them. just depends.
I cut them never because my dog has four stumps and no paws. I adopted him after he was in a car accident when they amputated his paws.
Never, she wears them down, but if i did it would be when ever i thought they needed clipping.
I use a dremel tool to grind them down about every 3 weeks.
Whenever they grow enough. If your dog is more active you might need to trim them less.
if you walk them a lot and they are outside dogs then you dont need to... otherwise just when u feel that they are long...
1 per month or so.
i cut mine evry 12 hour, they grow like a full grown midget
every month is good
whenever they get long i would think
My dog don't have legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment